OPTION Categories of Engagement
Individual Associate Member Definition
- Must be an individual
- An individual is defined as a person not representing a program, university, hospital, non-profit clinic, or advocacy program
- Must support the OPTION mission of advancing excellence in listening and spoken language education for children who are deaf and hard of hearing
To apply for Individual Associate Membership an Application Packet must be submitted to the OPTION Executive Board. The packet must include:
- Completed Individual Associate Membership Application (below)
- Letter of support from one current OPTION Regular Member
- Statement of Intent to include:
- Connection to OPTION program
- Applicant's interest in participating
- Any particular skills/strengths the Applicant could share with OPTION
- The application will be subject to a 15 day period of comment from the OPTION Regular Membership.
- Following the 15 day comment period the Individual Associate Member must be approved by a majority vote of OPTION Executive Board Members.
- Associate Member dues of $100 will be invoiced upon approval of application.
Benefits of Individual Associate Membership
- Attend Annual Meeting at Member rate
- Participate on committees
- Receive eNewsletter
- Be part of a network of like-minded professionals
- Access to OPTION Members Only portal
To maintain Individual Associate Membership
Pay assigned Individual Associate Member dues of $100 in accordance with the established deadlines